Tuesday, September 13, 2016

22 years later.








Living in Wyoming I have always had to travel miles and miles to go shopping. Living in Colorado has given me opportunities to go shopping closer to home, if my bank account allows me too. The other weekend I shopped at Sephora for the FIRST TIME EVER. You read that right, the first time ever!

To be completely honest, I’m not a very big makeup girl. My daily routine consists of filling in my eyebrows, eyeliner, mascara, and of course chapstick. So walking into Sephora I was like the Little Mermaid singing “A Whole New World.” I cannot believe how many different kinds of foundations there are or better yet lipsticks. I was in awe of all the different products.

So being a newbie, I decided to buy lipstick, one simple tube of matte lipstick. So of course I begin testing them on my hand, like you’re supposed to right? (Seriously that’s a question.) I finally thought I found the perfect match. A light pink matte lip, that I thought could be added to my daily makeup routine.

When I got it home and put it on my lips, I found that it was a little to orange then I had intended. I have a difficult time wearing it because I feel like it does not stand out enough from my skin color. So the search for the perfect pink continues. 

So I guess it’s a learning experience, right. I’m sure you’ll be the first to hear about my journey navigating the Sephora world. If any of you makeupistas have any tips or tricks I am all ears.


Wishing you sunsets and positivity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment