Sunday, October 30, 2016

comparison kills.










Lately I’ve felt myself constantly comparing myself to other people’s intelligence, creativeness, and relationships. Which, I feel, is a very easy to do with our social media obsessions. Those perfect instas and cute couple facebook posts get me every time. But the thing I struggle with the most is questioning my creativeness in a world full of so many different artistic individuals. Questioning whether my blog posts are innovative, if my pictures are the perfect kodak moment, or if my future dreams can live up to the competition that is already doing so well.

So many people are already so successful within their careers, which I envy. Others have the sweetest relationship. It’s difficult not to compare where you are at currently in life to others who are hitting the milestones you wish you could achieve. To get that dream job or find that person you want to marry. It’s the most difficult thing to understand that comparison kills. That with concentrating on others success, you are unable to focus on your own momentum forward.

I am trying to twist my negative mindset into inspiration for my individual creative process. To spend less time comparing and more time concentrating on trying to find myself amongst the chaos that is going on in my brain.

So this is a PSA, if you too suffer from comparing yourself to others, don’t. Because although insta looks perfect I’m sure there are 100 other pictures that didn’t make the cut.

I hope that someone partied enough this weekend for the both of us because our new couch was too comfy to leave.


Wishing you crunching fall leaves and hot chocolate that doesn't burn your tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment